Breeze Systems has released DSLR Pro v1.5
for Windows, a new version of the company's Canon digital SLR control application. Version 1.5 adds the ability to autofocus the EOS-1D Mark III and EOS 40D when Live View mode is engaged, through an innovative contrast detection-based autofocus function similar to that found in compact digital cameras and that doesn't require the mirror to be lowered to work.
Both cameras can be manually focused from within the software too, using either keyboard arrow keys or a mouse's scroll wheel. Breeze Systems will add similar autofocus/manual focus Live View support for the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III later this year.
In addition, the Breeze Systems website notes that DSLR Remote Pro v1.5 offers the following features for photographers using Canon's EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS 5D, EOS 40D, EOS 30D, EOS 20D, EOS 10D, EOS Digital Rebel XTi/400D and EOS Digital Rebel XT/350D:
- See large high quality previews of shots an a PC within seconds
- Gain unrivalled control of settings for Canon cameras during tethered operation
- Control single or multiple cameras from a PC or laptop*
- Automatically download images from single or multiple cameras to a PC*
- Shoot images and store them directly on the PC's hard disk
- Automatically add IPTC data to images as they are downloaded
- Enable customers to view pictures while continuing to shoot
- Automatically bracket up to 15 shots by varying the shutter speed or aperture
- Increase control for time lapse photography
DSLR Remote Pro v1.5 is available from Breeze Systems
for US$95 (or US$75 for BreezeBrowser Pro users if purchased in October 2007) and is a free upgrade to registered users who purchased the program within the past year. BreezeBrowser Pro users can purchase DSLR Remore Pro for US$75 here
. It's also available as a free 15-day trial