Canon Inc. has developed a countermeasure to solve a problem with the Auto Power-Off setting in some early-production EOS D30 cameras. The purpose of the Auto Power-Off setting is to conserve battery life by minimizing power drain after the camera is inactive for a preset period of time. The EOS D30 is designed to power down after a preset time limit, but some early-production EOS D30s power up again within a second after the time limit is reached. This is not harmful to the camera or any stored images, but it may reduce battery life. All EOS D30 cameras shipped prior to February 5, 2001 are subject to this malfunction.
USA residents who own an EOS D30 shipped prior to February 5, 2001 are kindly requested to contact Canon USA for assistance via our toll-free customer service hotline at 1-800-828-4040. Service hours are Monday through Friday (except for national holidays), 9 AM to 8 PM Eastern time.
When the automated attendant answers your call, please follow the prompts for Technical Support on Digital Cameras. A Canon representative will then provide you with further instructions. If you are based outside the USA, please contact the Canon Factory Service Center in your region for assistance.
In answer to some expected questions:
- Canon U.S.A. Factory Service is aiming for an in-house turnaround time of 72 hours or less for this warranty repair.
- Canon U.S.A., Inc. will provide a shipping container and label. Be sure to use these materials to ensure expedited service.
- The software used to correct the Auto Power-Off malfunction has no bearing whatsoever on any other aspect of EOS D30 performance.
- All D30 cameras sold prior to February 5, 2001 are subject to this malfunction, but only some exhibit any symptoms of it.
- Dealers who have questions about in-stock merchandise should contact their Canon Sales Representative for assistance.
- Canon U.S.A.'s offer applies to USA residents only.
- Please contact our Customer Service via the toll-free number as directed above for further information.