Idruna adds Eye-Fi Pro Support and Remote Editing to its
Pocket Phojo 6.0 Photography Software for Windows Mobile
Temecula, CA, June 10th 2009 –Idruna is pleased to announce version 6 of its unique Windows Mobile software for real time digital photography transmission. Currently in use by newspapers, news agencies, military, and police forces around the world, Pocket Phojo can have a photo transmitted from anywhere in the world to where it is needed within moments of it being taken. Pocket Phojo in conjunction with the Eye-Fi Pro card provides the most cost effective wireless solution for acquiring high quality photos, associating data with each photo, then securely transmitting the photos directly to where they are needed via 3G.
“Many industries need data associated with each image otherwise they can't be processed automatically.” said Paul Nolan, CEO of Idruna Software. “For example, a news photographer needs to associate captions and keywords before sending a photo to the news desk via email or FTP, a photo of some storm damage would need to be associated with a customer's insurance policy, and so on. We look forward to working with Eye-Fi in providing solutions to a wide range of vertical markets”.
Pocket Phojo is available now from http://www.idruna.com/pocketphojo.html
For further information, please visit our website, http://www.idruna.com, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1 877 4IDRUNA (+1 951 750 1052 outside the US).
Photographers The photographer inserts the Eye-Fi card into their camera, and images are automatically transmitted via WiFi to the Windows Mobile phone. The photographer can choose between transmitting every image they shoot, or just the ones they select using the protect button on their camera. Actions can be configured so that once on the phone, the photos automatically have industry standard IPTC captions and keywords added, are renamed according to the event being photographed, then transmitted via email, FTP, or Secure FTP over the phone’s 3G connection. The photographer can also individually edit each image if needed, with support for cropping, resizing, levels, and sharpening.
News Agencies For fast breaking events where real time coverage is desired, Pocket Phojo can receive images from the Eye-Fi Pro card via WiFi while connected to an Idruna Remote Editing System (IRES) server via 3G. Cell phone networks simply can’t keep up with the gigabytes of data a photographer generates, so IRES makes intelligent use of the available bandwidth by displaying thumbnails in the editor’s web browser in real time. The editor can then zoom in on the photos they are interested in, and select the best photos to download at full resolution. This allows the photographer to concentrate on taking photos, while allowing the editor to publish photos on the web within moments of them being taken.
Utilities Utility companies spend a great deal of time performing inspections. Pocket Phojo and the Eye-Fi Pro card allows any point and shoot camera with a SDHC or CompactFlash slot to be used to take high quality photos, with the photos automatically being sent to the inspector’s phone. Once on the phone, the photos can be associated with other data such as the GPS location of the inspection, and notes of any actions that need to be taken.
Police Pocket Phojo is used by police forces for covert surveillance and has been successfully used in hostage rescue situations to gather intelligence. The Eye-Fi Pro card makes Pocket Phojo even more effective as photos can be transmitted back to headquarters via encrypted connections and shared with team members without the card having to be removed from the camera. By using common equipment such as point and shoot cameras and Windows Mobile phones, rather than conspicuous DSLRs and laptops, the officer is able to perform their job with much greater efficiency and covertness.
Military For our USMC and British Army customers, Pocket Phojo supports ruggedized Pocket PCs with CompactFlash slots, and tethering the DSLR directly to the Pocket PC via USB. For Pocket PCs with built-in GPS, images can automatically be geo-tagged. For transmitting images, the BGAN sat modem is supported via the use of a CompactFlash Ethernet card. 256bit AES encryption is supported via Secure FTP, and our own IRES protocol.
Custom Applications Pocket Phojo supports running in the background as part of a custom application. Other useful features include automating tasks via the use of Watch Folders, and barcode scanner support. Idruna also performs extensive customizations for customers on a regular basis.
New Features for Pocket Phojo 6.0
Eye-Fi Pro Support
• Built-in Eye-Fi Pro support adds WiFi transmission capabilities to almost any camera for only $149
• Pocket Phojo automatically creates the ad-hoc WiFi network, and allows receiving images from the camera via WiFi while simultaneously transmitting via email or FTP on the phone’s 3G connection
• Choose between transmitting all images or only those selected in-camera using the protect button
• Received images can be automatically renamed, have IPTC captions added, and be resized and recompressed before being transmitted
Idruna Remote Editing System 2.0 Support
• IRES allows an editor to see what her photographers are shooting in real time, from anywhere in the world
• IRES first transmits thumbnails to the editor, which takes very little bandwidth, and can be done in real time
• When the editor clicks on a thumbnail, a small preview is transmitted.
• Only the images the editor selects as the best are transmitted at full size
• Supports ratings stars, editing captions remotely from the browser, voice tags, and RAW files
• Team members can form groups to display all photos from an job in the same browser window
• Supports end to end high grade encryption
• Bandwidth optimization transmits images twice as fast as sending via FTP
• See http://idruna.com/remoteediting.html for full details
User Interface Improvements
• Shiny new user interface
• Improved Image Browser – now displays more thumbnails at once
• Clicking on an entry in the Transmission Queue now displays a thumbnail
• Added Delete option to profile selectors
• Changed Rename Prefix to Template, added ability to rename according to file date etc
• Raw images are now automatically rotated
New Camera Support
• Custom USB driver adds support for connecting to the Nikon D3 and D300, with the screen remaining on, something Nikon’s own software can’t do!
• D3/D300 owners can now select files to transmit in-camera using the protect button
• USB driver now supports having both slots filled at the same time
• Added FujuFilm S5 Pro USB Driver Support
• The built-in FTP server now supports the Canon WFT-E3
• WiFi is set back to using DHCP on exit
• Added automatic VIRIN support when Military Captions enabled
• Added Encrypted Email Support (SMIME) for sending to DoD recipients
• Send via Email now supports routing images through the IRES server. As well as being more than twice as fast, this also bypasses problems on phone networks that block SMTP
• Send via Email now supports BCC
• Pocket Phojo now supports up to 256bit AES Encryption
• Added Secure FTP (SFTP) Support, with password or certificate based authentication
• Added FTPS Support
• Added SCP Support
• Now warns when storage is low
• Auto-Retry failed transmissions
• New optimizations allow transmitting thousands of images without slowdowns or running out of memory