PhotoRescue, DataRescue's powerful photo recovery program for Mac and Windows, has been updated to v2.1.682. Pierre Vandevenne of DataRescue notes the following changes in the new release:
- Improves the recovery of RAW files from the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi/400D and Nikon D80
- Supports video files up to 250MB
- Adds 4GB and 8GB options to the selection of default card sizes
- Fixes a bug that prevented recovery after working with card image files
- Fixes a bug related to reading a card's FAT table in certain circumstances
- Fixes a bug related to the handling of language variations (Mac OS X 10.4.x only)
Both the Expert and Wizard versions of the program have been updated, and are available for free to those who licensed the program in the last year. Instructions for obtaining the updates are on the DataRescue website.
At Photokina 2006, DataRescue announced PhotoRescue 3.0, which remains on track to ship before the end of 2006. We previewed the upcoming new version in our Photokina 2006 wrap-up.